A: If no one lives in your home for 60 or more days, a home insurance company may consider the home "vacant" or "unoccupied," according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners. Leaving your home empty for a period could void your homeowners insurance coverage. You may need to either add an endorsement to your existing policy or look into a separate vacant and unoccupied homeowners insurance policy.

Did this answer your question?